Thursday, March 1, 2007

I Want That!

Before I begin ... CONGRATULATIONS MARIA! Courtney Michelle is a beautiful name, I hope she's a good baby! Look forward to seeing you in April!
It's official, Ms. R is a full fledged needy kid. I'll tell you why I have come to this conclusion: Before as we were watching TV she'd watch passively or walk away when commercials were on. NOW however, she's an avid commercial watcher, dissecting all the toys that are being displayed and deciding which ones she wants. At least 10 times a day I hear, "Mom! I want THAT for my birthday, okay?" Not surprising - almost all of the toys she asks for are little doll figurines (Strawberry Shortcake, Dora the Explorer, Barbie, ect) and things that include horses (she's obsessed with the idea that when we go to Canada we get to ride horses again). Which reminds me, I really need to go out and get her those cowboy boots I saw before they sell out ... Her favorite of all time is a Dora/horse combo, tricky marketing experts. I bet you can't even buy the two things together, though they are advertised that way.
Speaking of Ms. R and birthdays, for everyone that reads this - we are having a birthday party for Ms. R up in Canada on the 14th. Her birthday isn't until June, but I thought it'd be really fun for her to have at least one birthday with all her cousins and friends from Canada. So we are going to have a big old shin dig either at Dawns' (if the weather allows us to play outside) or some where inside in Lethbridge (if the weather is inclement).
Oh for those who have read since the beginning ... I improved my "about me" list :) I added pictures. Haha, I know, I'm such a child.
Crappy thing, yesterday I went to use my new camera and the lens jammed. Very upset. So I took it into the shop where we bought it, showed them the issue and they offered to replace it right away. Unfortunately that was the last one they had at their particular location, so I have to wait till later today for them to get another one in from a different location. I guess that's what you get for buying from a smaller independent shop - they don't have hordes and hordes on hand. I prefer it that way though, supporting the little guy as much as I possibly can.

2 comments:

Jenie said...

I really enjoyed your picture additions to your all about you blog. My kids are the same way, although it makes them easy to buy for because they truly want everything.

TinaLaRae said...

Ok I feel dumb... were do I go to see your "all about me" list?