Wednesday, March 14, 2007

BIG Plans ...

Jenie and I were talking today about destination vacations, where we'd go, what we'd like to see and we came to the conclusion we need to take a family vacation together. With Michael lining up to take another year of school and the ages of our kids (not even a year - almost 8 years) we figure it's safest to put the vacation 5 years out. Jenie and are are both HUGE into planning and organizing so we talked through EVERYTHING. What we'd want to do (cruise - easiest way to keep kids contained), what type of cruise (Disney, most family friendly), what month we'd want to go in (February or March, the average temp in the 20's), how long we'd go for (7 days, why spend that kind of money for a short vacation?), what port we'd want to go to (Castaway Cay), who would want to come with us (more the merrier - any takers?), how much money we'll have to save every week in order to make it doable (Jenie says she's going to give up chocolate bars. Hahahaa) ...My stomach was seriously getting butterflies because I was getting so excited and the trip is FIVE YEARS OUT. I love the idea of a big vacation with family. I think we need to start having family vacations - obviously on a smaller scale.

3 comments:

Jenie said...

I was excited before, but seeing it in writing makes it even more exciting.

TinaLaRae said...

Count me in! I like the sound of a Disney Cruise with the whole famdamily and in 5 years it sounds so do-able and FUN!

Anonymous said...

I'm in all the way. I'd love to spend time with ya all love mom