Wednesday, October 15, 2008

*The Last Summer (of You & Me)*


Oh. My. Heck.
Unless you want to drag through the first 100 pages with sad feelings assailing you ... then dredge through another 200 and some feeling sad and frustrated and angry and ... well, don't read this book. I thought it would be good because it's by the same author who wrote "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" which I enjoyed. But no.
Hint: The title refers to the last summer between two sisters not because they stop spending the summer together at their families beach house ... but because one of the sisters DIES! How much worse can this story get?
Very displeased. Very displeased indeed.
This book makes me glad I've started getting books out at the library and not buying them. I'd be REALLY annoyed to have spent money on that little ditty.

1 comment:

Roeckers said...

When do you get the chance to read books?? My word girl you go through two or three books a week. I can barely get two to three chapters in a week!
Good on ya!!