Saturday, October 18, 2008

Don't Think

I'm not a super spy or a creep or invasive ... but I run one of those analytic programs on my site.
A few weeks ago I read about it on Google and thought, "Why not? May be interesting."
Since then I have been blown away by:
#1. The range of countries I don't know people in are visiting from. The U.K., Costa Rica, Sweden, Spain and India to name a few.
#2. How many people, on average, visit my site a day. I won't write it down - I don't want you to think I'm bragging ;) Let's just say, it's way more people than I personally know.
#3. The "Key Words" people are Googling and venture into my site. "My ears itch after I sneeze", "Troy Aikman Mormon", "Nuwave Pumpkin Pie" (which I haven't made, but sounds DELICIOUS!), "how to spot a spoiled steak" (whhhhat ... I don't think I've ever spotted a spoiled steak. Then again, I've had one marinading in my fridge a tad too long I think ...)
#4. The average amount of time someone spends on my site - 2 1/2 minutes.

The WWW sure is an interesting place to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been running the Google Analytics program for a while on my blogs, kinda interesting. It's fun checking the maps...