Friday, October 10, 2008

*Just Breathe*

I utterly fell in love with this book. The main character, Sarah, returns to her (small) hometown after the painful demise of her marriage. She has to over come her own insecurities and prejudices about those who were in the "in crowd" in high school. Come to grips with being an adult and learns to stand on her own two feet.
I know I love this book because it was like peeling aside my "tough" attitude about high school (which covers up a plentifully painful experience) and exposing my feelings. Having to come learn that it's been more than 10 years ... people change. I have, haven't I? I have to learn to forgive and eventually forget the pain and humiliation I experienced and just accept people as they are now.

1 comment:

Trevor Zuba said...

Hey Krista, Trying to get hold of your stinky brother. can you email me his contact info.