Saturday, February 24, 2007

Date Night

I think Jerry's parents are worried about the health of our relationship (me and Jerry's - not ours and theirs) because they have initiated "date night" for Jerry and I. They are going to start coming in once a month and taking care of the kids for an evening so Jerry and I have to go out. Last night was the first night of this big plan ... Unfortunately Jerry's work takes precedence over pretty much everything else. So after he finally got home from one of his clients office at 7:45, we headed over to the Bank of America building in Dallas (tallest building in Dallas - pretty great views of the city. In the picture - it's the one that's outlined in green.) where all his servers are housed and spent the next hour transferring ... never mind for those who don't know computers it wouldn't make any sense what he was doing. In any case, I alternated between reading over his shoulders as he worked (helped him find two problems actually), pestering him with questions about what he was doing, and pushing myself around the huge server room on the wheeled chair I was sitting on (there was a lot of open space ... I had to entertain myself somehow). At around 9:30 we finally headed over to Campisi's on Elm (Italian restaurant) to eat. By that time, however, I was way past hungry and my stomach just hurt. So I didn't really enjoy supper. On our way back to my truck we passed a pile of trash bags that rats had ripped open, you could see the evidence of them dragging food to their various burrows. I almost threw up. It was too late to catch a movie by this point and my stomach still hurt too much to do much else so we just headed home.
Got home at around 11 to find Ms. R still awake, sitting on the couch drawing with Linda. B-Man running a bit of a fever and developing a cough ...
Wow. What a great start to this date night thing. Let's do this again next month.

No comments: