Sunday, February 25, 2007

Body Worlds and Up Chuck ...

Today after stake conference Pat and I went to an exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science called "Body Worlds". It's a facinating exhibition features approximately 200 authentic human specimens, including whole bodies, plastinated individual organs and transparent body slices that have been preserved through the process of Plastination, a technique that replaces bodily fluids and fat with reactive plastics. The easiest way to take it all in was pretend that the very real human bodies you were looking at were really well made props out of a Hollywood movie. Other wise, it may creep you out. A lot.



Afterwards we headed back over to Pat's to play ... what else? Scrabble. She's been sick for the last while and is still recovering, when she laughs, she sounds like my grandpa Jones did. That of course made me laugh even harder. One time she started laughing just as I was taking a swig of water. I ended up spitting the water all over the place, then proceeding to choke until I threw up (fortunately in her kitchen sink, not on the table... as the water had). This, as you may not expect, just made both of us laugh even harder.
Not too sure you want to laugh with me now, are ya?

1 comment:

Jenie said...

I heard that exhibition was really creepy, not sure I could pretend the bodies were fake.