Since Becks introduced me to blogging (not that I hadn't heard about it before, I just didn't get what it was all about ... yeah, I am married to a computer guy. That doesn't mean I know anything about them.) I have become addicted to reading other peoples blogs. I've probably scrolled through 100 peoples blogs and only know 3 of the people. That is an odd thing, I know. I'll use the excuse that I find people interesting.
However, as I have scrolled through various peoples blogs I have seen the recurring theme of dedicating at least one entry to "facts" about ones self. I LOVE this idea. Since I am essentially using this as a journal too - I am going to take up the idea and do it myself. I like the idea of 30 years from now being able to look back and say, "oh, I remember when I was like that. haha, silly girl" At least I hope I can look back and laugh at how silly I am sometimes.
So from here on down - you may not want to read. It's all for me anyway.
1. When looking into the future, I rarely look at the WHOLE picture. Instead, I put it into segments and deal with it from there. Keeps me from having panic attacks.
2. I can't watch scary/horror movies. Even ones that are mocking them ("Scary Movie") I find ... scary.
3. I love to work out, but hate doing it alone. I also refuse to wake up early to go.
4. I love B-Man more because he will cuddle with me.
5. I love Ms. R more because she is obedient and sweet.
6. I only like living in the states because I can't handle the cold and wind in southern Alberta. And why live in Canada if I am not close to my family?
7. I have a nasty temper I have had to learn to control so I don't lash out at my kids physically when I am really tired and they are being bad.
8. I'd rather fly than drive.
9. I am not passionate enough about any one thing to dedicate a lot of time/money towards it.
10. I am color deficient. I see colors (most of them), just in different shades.
11. I am terrified of snakes. So much that when I take my kids to the zoo, we don't go through the reptile exhibit.
12. I love my kids, but NEED time away from them regularly.
13. I have a hard time remembering birthdays. I blank half the time when people ask me my kids birthdays.
14. I love spending time outside. Especially if there is yard work to do.
15. Since moving to Texas I have developed horrible allergies. I suffer from them 10 months out of the year.
16. I love to sing. Though I do not sound very pretty doing it.
17. I love to dance, though I lack the natural ability that my mom possesses.
18. I love the IDEA of learning foreign languages. Let's just say the use of them should not be heard coming from my mouth.
19. I love taking photographs and am pretty talented at it. If I had the money, I'd buy a really nice camera so I could improve the quality of the ones I take.
20. I think pedicures are heavenly - but don't really get manicures.
21. I love wearing jewelry - but not rings.
22. Since Ms. R's accident, I have been terrified of dogs. I pretend like I am not - but I am. Even the small ones.
23. I love the way horses smell.
24. I love driving fast. Though I try not to ... only because I don't need another ticket. Not because I feel guilty about it.
25. I love romance novels.
26. I have ridiculously short, fat feet.
27. If I consider you my friend, you can easily take advantage of me.
28. When I buy my kids toys it's only half because I think they'll like them. If I won't want to play with them too, I don't buy a toy.
29. I love to swim.
30. Pepsi vs. Coke - Pepsi wins.
31. When I was growing up, I always had crushes on boys that already had gf's. To this day, I think I did that do I didn't actually have to ACT on my feelings.
32. My mom is my best friends. I tell her everything.
33. I'm not sure I'll ever forgive my parents for not figuring out how to work it out and stay together.34. I love to organize.
35. I don't let very many people get close to me, emotionally.
36. I hate chain restaurants.
37. I love watching sports in person.
38. I'll be friends with someone if the only thing we have in common is love of board games/cards.
39. I am an insomniac. I rarely fall asleep before 2. I love going to the west coast, because then I can say I was asleep around midnight.
40. Until I got married, I wasn't a huge fan of TV. Now I find myself watching it, mostly just to have something to do.
41. I have a huge crush on Collin Firth - when he was in A&E's version of Pride and Prejudice. Less for the looks, more for the character.
42. I've never really been a fan of kissing. There have been a couple boys along the way that I didn't mind ... but generally.... not so much.
43. I love participating in fitness classes, they make me feel like part of a group.
44. My kids make me laugh at least once a day.45. I love laughing more than pretty much any other emotion.
46. Sometimes I'll cry just to get it done with.
47. I hated being a girl till about 3 years ago. Even hated the words associated with it. IE: giggle.
48. I wonder often if my kids will grow up to be good people.
49. If you tell me you love me but don't show it, I'm not likely to believe you, no matter how true it may be.
50. I'm generally an optimistic person.
51. I always try to think the best about people.
52. I love having afternoon naps.
53. I am slightly hard of hearing. We don't have insurance, so I haven't been tested - but I don't have to have a test to know I don't hear things right sometimes, if at all.
54. Right now I am not going to church for the spiritual aspect. More for the socialization for both my kids and myself.
55. I like it pitch dark when I sleep.
56. During the day, ALL my shutters are open.
57. I'd love to travel more
58. I don't believe in destiny.
59. I love freshly picked carrots, peas, strawberries, and raspberries
60. I find cleaning relaxing
61. I don't have very many close friends. Many people that I spend time with - but I consider most of them little more than casual acquaintances
62. I love to bake
63. I really don't like sandwiches. Funny, because my parents both own Subway's
64. I love sushi
65. I may be a little bit of a snob
67. I always thought my sister was prettier than I was while we were growing up.
68. I love camping
69. Campfires may be the single most soothing thing in the universe.
70. I am not a fan of cleaning up small messes all day long. I'd rather just clean up the big mess at the end of the day.
71. I never make my bed
72. I love my mother in law. She is a sweet lady
73. I'd love to learn how to quilt. Though I am not sure if I'd be willing to put that much time into something.
74. I used to be on weightwatchers - but couldn't keep up with the daily entry of what I ate after I started working. However, it taught me to be more watchful of where I used my calories everyday.
75. I actually LIKE slimfast shakes, especially the vanilla flavor.
76. I am terrible at calling people back - unless it's someone in my family.
77. I hate talking in church, or in groups of people I don't know.
78. I love making lists
79. I love bendy straws.
80. I am not disciplined enough to use work out videos at home
81. I have a hard time forgiving people.
82. I hate plain water.
83. I love finding and listening to unsigned acoustic songwriters.
84. When I see other women who are significantly more beautiful than I am, I always force myself to think of what her possible hidden flaws are so I am not TOO jealous.
85. I HATE the thought of getting old.
86. I think God himself may have hand crafted crock pots.
87. Spa Day's should be federally mandated.
88. I dominate the conversation too often
89. I am a good listener
90. My motto is "Expect the worst and be surprised."
91. I have no problem sending food back if I don't like it, or the order is wrong.
92. I regret losing touch with some of the friends I had when I was a teenager.
93. I love vanilla bean ice cream
94. I loved Joaquin Phoenix in Walk the Line. I think he was a way better Johnny Cash than Johnny Cash ever was.
95. It annoys the crap out of me when people don't signal, or signal AS they are turning.
96. Reese Witherspoon once said "If you're not yelling at your kids, you're not spending enough time with them." I agree 100%. Though I do try to keep that at a minimum too.
97. I can't watch tv shows that you have to commit to seeing every week. I can never remember when they are on - no matter how much I may love them.
98. I wanted to be a nurse as a kid. Then realize I hate blood and hate sick people even more.
99. I watch most tv shows and all movies with the subtitles on.
100. The only pieces of jewelry I have been able to keep tabs on for more than a year are: my CTR ring David Robison bought me in H.S. and my wedding ring. Both probably because I rarely wear them.
101. I love men with baritone voices. Something inside me wiggles when I hear them talk/sing.
102. I think my best physical asset is my smile.
103. I love helping out at the Bishop's Storehouse.
104. I think people come into your life at certain times for specific reasons.
105. I love plaid.
106. I love flannel sheets. Especially if they are plaid.
107. I love planning
108. I have a dream car and house. Though I never aniticipate having either.
I may add onto this at another time if I think of more. That's it for now.