Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Big 29

Hey! I know it's been a while, but my mom has been here visiting! I hate wasting time writing things down I could be doing them instead. Especially when i have someone to do them with!
My mom got here on the 19th (it's a tradition we started the year I moved down to Texas) so she could celebrate my birthday with us. She brought me down the most touching, fabulous gift; if you scroll a few entries back I talked about wanting one of the bowls my grump Jones had made when he was alive and
how I have unsuccessfully been giving my dad hints that I want one of his. My mom read that entry - unbeknown to me, she also had one of his bowls. That she gave to me for my birthday. *Me, opening the present, sobbing*. I know to some, it's just a bowl. But to me, it's a piece of my grump. A piece of his hard work, ingenuity, intelligence and love. That I can hold onto, touch, look at ... remember a really fun man. We went out to Texas Land and Cattle because I figured I actually wanted my kids to eat. When we went out to Sushi last year, we had to stop at a McD's on the way home to feed my kids something.
I have been talking about wanting more out of my Ipod than the one I have. One that holds more songs, has more battery, can play movies, ect. I use it when I go to the gym every day - and I need that to make it through my half marathon training! I find it easier to jog six miles when I have some distraction. So, surprisingly, Jerry got me a new IPOD for my birthday (he was actually listening when I talked.... can you imagine?). One that hold movies, songs, pictures, pod casts, ect. Most excellent! I've already watched two movies on it, I love it!

1 comment:

Jenie said...

I am glad you had a great birthday!