Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tiling

Started the tiling process yesterday. I think it went remarkably well. Now I just have to figure out how to make the cuts in the tiles.When I was about 90% done Jerry got out of bed to come and inspect. He started in right away about what I have been doing wrong. The mortar was too thin, I was making a mess with it, ect.
All I was hoping is that it set right, despite Jerry's predictions. I went in there this morning and all the tiles are still firmly in place. Most excellent.


5 comments:

Jenie said...

Glad to hear it!

TinaLaRae said...

You are going to need a tile cutter. A "wet" saw is best. I only know this because I've watched Kirk do all our tiling. I believe you can rent one at HomeDepot or somewhere like that. You did a very good job. Kudos!

Anonymous said...

you are super reno woman!

Heather said...

OMG... you are a rock star! You GO girl! We have a tile cutter if you need to use it. I can't wait to see the finished floor!

Krista said...

Thanks for the advice/offers! We actually have a wet tile saw, since Jerry has been working on our masterbath for the last 6 years. I am just VERY apprehensive about using it, since I haven't a clue as to how it works.