Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My in laws

This Mother's Day, as other Mother's Days in the past - we spent with my in laws out at their place in Quitman. No matter how much time we spend with them, it never ceases to amaze me how much they adore my kids. Seriously, you'd think no one else had ever been grandparents before, or will again. They've always bought some new toys for the kids to play with everytime we go out there, the kids think it's wonderful of course.
Wayne was kind enough to make both breakfast (waffles) and dinner (pork chops, pasta salad, ect) so Linda and I didn't have to worry about it.
I'd bought Linda a few trinkets and a flowering plant, then had my kids sign a card for her - she seemed to really love it all.
Wayne is almost done building their house (he's been working on it for two years now), just has the tiling/hardwoods/carpeting and faceplate insulation to finish off. Considering he's done the majority of the work himself, it's coming along very well.

No comments: