Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Maybe

Maybe I am just opening my eyes up wider because I am actively looking, but at the gym alone in the last two days I have had more conversations with women than I have in the entire three (or how ever long I've been there...) years previously. Yesterday, there was a line of women going to town on the treadmills, actively watching Dancing with the Stars. One young lady piped up something about Joey, unable to resist, I commented back. This started a forty five minute discussion/commentary with 6 women. It also garnered me the nicest compliment I've got in YEARS. As the time was nearing for me to pick up my kids, I asked how much longer the show was on. A lady maybe in her 60's told me it was going to 8:30, I expressed dismay since I had to pick up my kids before that. She was so cute. Stammering a little bit she asked, "I'm sorry to be rude, but how old are you?" I laughed and told her. She gawks and states, "Well, I never would have guessed that! I thought you were in high school!" Suuuure, on the fitness rating scale, I am a 21 year old (the personal trainer says with a little more attention to certain areas, I could be 18) ... but I have never thought I looked that young.
Then today, as I am finishing up a grandmother out of the blue starts telling me about her grandson down in Austin going to school, the Bahama's Cruise she is leaving on tomorrow, ect ect ect. I comment and agree where I should, then she finished getting ready to go off to her aquatics class and as a parting says, "It tough work, staying beautiful" ... I LOVED it. This sweet lady, probably in her 80's, is still vain enough to care. Awesome.

1 comment:

TinaLaRae said...

What a great place to finds friends! Hope all is well there. Can't wait for our game of rook and we bought a blow up water slide for the kiddies.