Friday, March 13, 2009

You WILL Be Mine

Oh, yes, you WILL.
So ... last month at the Dallas Auto Show I officially fell in love with a more practical vehicle. My true love, up to this point had been a Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG. However, I lived up to reality. I would not be a responsible "sports car" owner. I'd get my license suspended in the first year from all the speeding tickets. Forget how nasty angry Jerry would become from the expense.
That, my friends, is where the Mercedes R320 CDI comes in. Jerry's not at all surprised I like it, it was one of the most expensive "family" vehicles featured at the auto show. What can I say, I'm a car snob. Well, in theory. Since I have driven very un-snobbish cars for the past 10 years.
The funny thing is, Jerry loves it too. Our tastes rarely, if ever, find common ground - a good reason we will probably never build a house together. It'd be battle royal. But on this, he agreed with me.
He started to look into lease take over possibilities and he found one that has 10 months left. Which, for me, is perfect. That means that if I don't love it like I think I will, I only have 10 months to not love it entirely. Or if I love it completely, in 10 months we can buy me one.
I like this whole "lease take over" idea. Practically genius.

1 comment:

The Bui's said...

Too fancy for my taste. But you will gorgeous driving that puppy!