Saturday, June 14, 2008

Phew!

So, I have been in a bit of a quandary lately. Well, really since last summer but the problem didn't return again till this summer as I was preparing to return to Canada. Cross the border. That type of thing. Last summer after I crossed the border B-Man's birth certificate fell into the realms of the unknown. I have my suspicions as to what I may have done with it ... but we're not going to talk about that. Before we crossed the border I had Jerry email up a copy of the copy we'd made of the document, printed it out and had Michael (some times it pays to have a lawyer brother) notarize it as a lawful document. This summer, however, with almost a full year since that particular notarization I wasn't too sure if it'd pull weight. So almost 8 weeks ago I went online and ordered a new birth certificate from the state. As of yesterday it STILL hadn't arrived, so I was desperately searching around for a fast follow up that I could get from a private party. The quickest THEY could get me a copy is TEN DAYS. We are are leaving next Friday, NOT soon enough! I had really started to sweat.
Today, however, it came in the mail. *huge sigh* I hate it when things come down to the line like that. It makes me VERY nervous.

3 comments:

mom said...

you don't need passports for the kids?

Jenie said...

I am soooooooo glad everything is squared away for you to cross the border!

Krista said...

thus far, they don't need to have passports, just birth certificates. Though as of January next year they'll need the passport. Or so all the government sites say.