Monday, June 16, 2008

Do you ever?

Have really absurd thoughts that immediately after you have to laugh at yourself for? Like just now I was packing up our stuff that we're going to take to Six Flags this afternoon, as I placed my phone in a plastic zip lock (there are rides you get really wet on) I thought, almost in a panic, "What if I can't hear it ring through the plastic?" Riiiiight, a plastic zip lock bag is not only going to keep it dry ... but contain the noise of the ringer INSIDE. That's a well thought out concept right there. I'm brilliant.

4 comments:

Jenie said...

I love that you not only have absurd thoughts but that you share them with us so we can laugh to.

Unknown said...

Technically, if you suck enough of the air out of the bag, it'll create a vacuum and sound can't travel through a vacuum. Best to leave a little air in the bag if you want to hear your phone :)

Krista said...

So you're telling me, like my dinosaur theory (or THE dinosaur theory, if you will) the idea of not being able to hear it in the plastic bag is actually ... possible?
Great, thanks for making me paranoid ... not that I would suck all the air out of it. Or even attempt to for that matter. Doesn't mean I won't worry about it now!

Unknown said...

Unlike THE dinosaur theory, the probability of getting enough air out of a ziploc to create a vacuum and not hear the phone is so low it's statistically negligible. All the vacuum experiments I've seen involved a bell jar and a very strong pump...