Saturday, December 6, 2008

Side Note

I went out for lunch and supper a couple times while I was down in Arlington for the conference. I was all adventurous and tried out two new Restaurants. Both with trepidation because both foods can go VERY wrong.
The first place I went was Piranha Killer Sushi. So, so, so, so (should I put one more so on to make a point? No, point made? Okay.) delicious. The wait staff were prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and actually added nicely to the atmosphere. I ordered their Birthday Roll (shrimp tempura, eel, masago, scallions and cream cheese topped with avocado ... ohhhh mama). It was fabulous. I was tempted to try out a few more dishes - if only they weren't $8-$10 a plate each. The amount on the place offered was enough to make me feel content but not full, very nicely done. If I ever make friends, I am taking a few of them down there so we can order a variety of plates and share. Friends? Hello? I'm buying the first dish ...
The other place I am going to mention is Tandoor Indian Restaurant. My first gauge as to if this place was worth sitting down in? The "ethnic" people far out numbered the Caucasians. And four of the 6 other whities in the restaurant spoke with English accents. For some reason, I've always thought English people had good taste in East Indian food. I can't help it ... I have strange ideas. I ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala with a side of Naan (fresh off the pan, Lord bless us everyone) it came with seasoned rice. I shouldn't have done this. I should have known I was dooming myself. Now I just have a greater craving for East Indian food and know exactly where to find it. The service here was also pleasant, prompt and non-intrusive. I stuffed myself and still had left overs for about $13. Not bad for supper.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm not sure how I stumbled on your blog but I just wanted to say hi to a fellow HEB'er!

I live in Euless and saw you are in Hurst.

I grew up going to Tandoor. If you like Indian I would also recommend Star India at the corner of Cooper and Park Row in Arlington. Good stuff!

Heather Ales said...

Oh my stars! I LOVE sushi and love Indian food even more! There's an incredible place in Irving called Chaat Cafe. It's SOOO good! We have to get together and eat Sushi. Steve won't eat it - but will eat indian anytime!

I even have a few easy and tasty recipes for Indian. I know I have a killer Chicken Tikka Masala and Naan recipes.... I'll get them typed up for you!

mom said...

I can't tell you what the second dish LOOKS like but I'm glad it was good.he he

Lump said...

OHMYGOODNESS I used to live in Bedford and seriously only 6 miles from Piranha. It's my favorite sushi place in the DFW area. IT IS THE BEST. :)