Thursday, September 4, 2008

Rub

Time to brag about my Nu-Wave again. I'm sure it's been a few months ... so I'm due. Last night I tried out a new recipe for a pork chop rub, one I have been hesitant to use because it has cloves in it. To me cloves scream "Pumpkin Pie" which is not a good thing. But I really wanted to use a rub on the chops. It turns out this recipe is sooooo entirely good. I am sure it'd work out just as well without the Nu-Wave, but somehow my trusty side kick always infuses more flavor and makes things juicier. I love my Nu-Wave. The cloves actually make the dish taste ... South American. Not quite Mexican ... but definitely south of the border.

1 T dried Rosemary
2 cloves Garlic
1/4 t ground Cloves
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive Oil

Mash top four/five ingredients together and rub into surface of chop. Brush tops with olive oil. At this point, I am pretty sure you could broil or b-b-q them. I however popped them into my favorite kitchen gadget for 10 minutes. And voila! Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside and yummy all over.
I should have taken a picture. It was that delicious. And I am not much of a meat eater.

No comments: