Thursday, September 4, 2008

Steak

I'm not going to turn this into a cooking/recipe blog - but I have to tell you about just one more excellent rub I discovered the other day.
For Labor Day I decided since we hadn't done anything exciting I was going to at least b-b-q something terrific. So I picked up some New York Steaks, red potatoes and corn on the cob. I've been craving rubs lately more than marinades, so I did I quick internet search and cropped up this recipe:

Sizzlin' Steak Rub
2 tbsp salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika

Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Rub on meats.
Makes about 1/4 cup.

The cumin definitely makes the steak taste like something you'd buy in an upscale Tex-Mex restaurant. I am in love. Jerry was ambivalent. Sort of. He did eat a whole lot of steak for someone who said it was simply "good".

No comments: