Wednesday, April 30, 2008

*Twilight Series*




*sigh* I am so conflicted. You see, my true issue with reading/watching things about vampires/werewolves is that ... I kind of believe in them. I believe it is possible for these beings to exist. As ridiculous and out of touch with reality it may make me ... I believe. Tentatively. It frightens me whole heartedly because in my mind, what they are, what happens, what altered reality is created - isn't so beyond the realms of possibility. As ridiculous as that it.
This series is about a vampire boy (you could say he's a man ... but ... you know) and a human high school girl. The issues that come with them becoming friends then growing deeply in love. If I hadn't heard from at least 10 other girls how much they loved this series, I would have avoided it at all costs. Because it makes me think more about my theory of possibilities. But then Dawn ordered the series and had it delivered to my house. I haven't been to the book store in a couple weeks, I was low on fresh meat. They saved me from running alone on the tread mill. Fortunately I am a freakishly fast reader, so all three only took me on average 8 hours to read (each). So three hours a morning when B-Man was at school, two hours at the gym and three or four hours in the evenings when the kids were in bed and in a few days ... they were done.
*spoiler alert*
The element of this series that hurt me the most is Jacob. As the person who has experienced being the "best friend", being in love with them ... then feeling my heart die as they love someone else but love me too. I was seriously crying during the last chapter of the last book. My heart was breaking for him.
Over all, I enjoyed the series ... even though it left me feeling sort of fidgety. I won't be "swooning" (*wink* Tina) over it any time soon ... but I enjoyed it. I will be getting the newest book when it comes out to see how she finishes the series ... and I will more than likely go to the movie version with some other series lovers at Christmas. Even though it broke my heart. I sure hope she does something good for Jacob in the next book so I can stop worrying about him.

7 comments:

TinaLaRae said...

Yay! I'm glad you got to read them. I too feel for Jacob and have the same hopes that Stephenie has some good things come to him.

Becka. said...

Just finished the first one. I skipped your spoiler...LOL! I've been a little low on fresh meat too. I'm starting the second one tongiht!

mom said...

I'm thinkin I can't read it if it made you cry so much can't be much of the stress releaser, thats why I read

Unknown said...

If you ever figure out how to become a werewolf, let me know. I've always wanted to be a werewolf. At least they can go outside during the daytime...

Krista said...

I said I MAY believe in them ... not that I understand how it works. Though I am totally into the idea of bloodlines for the werewolf. I think you may have missed out there considering how many blankets you require when you sleep at night.

Krista said...

mom ... Jacobs part made me sad, over all not a sad book though. You may enjoy it. Maybe.

Jenie said...

I am going to have to order these from the library, I am very intrigued now.