Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tooth Fairy


"What does the tooth fairy do with the teeth?" she asked me.
My mind darts around frantically...
"They use them to build their cities."
Looking at my very suspiciously...
"What? Why? Really?"
Holding to my guns...
"Because teeth are really strong! How else do you suppose you can eat all that food?"
Not buying it ...
"To build houses?"
Refusing to budge...
"Yes! With your back molars? They build towers."
Moving on ...
"So how to they lift them? Isn't the tooth fairy small?"
Using a little imagination...
"They are like ants. Even though they are really small, they can lift like ten times their weight."
Switching directions ...
"Is that why we have to brush all the time? So their houses are sparkley?"
Grasping at any line thrown to me ...
"Yes, exactly. Everyone likes a sparkely clean house."
Nodding...
"That's why you wash the outside of the house?"
Not willing to admit I am just a little neurotic to my daughter...
"Yep, that's exactly why."

3 comments:

mom said...

WOW! That is a great story. You have a super imagination.I so could not have thought of anything like that.

Anonymous said...

That's great! I told my daughter the tooth fairy uses teeth to make jewelry.

Michael said...

Well played mother, well played. Now its time to explain why the elves have never unionized and put Santa on a more sane delivery schedule. Tick, tock, tick, tock.