Friday, May 30, 2008

Sandals

I have short, fat feet. It's a matter of fact. A statement.
This sad, sad fact means that I have an impossible time finding foot wear. It's like higher end foot wear designers refuse to acknowledge that people with short fat feet deserve to wear nice shoes too. Yeah, we're supposed to be stuck with the ugly cheap crap that no one really wants to be seen wearing. Why? Because they fit.

I wear sandals/flip flops probably 10 months of the year, yet until recently (like today) I refused to buy "expensive" sandals. Sure Sure, I would totally be willing to pay $130 for a pair of sneaks I only wear an hour or two a day at the gym. But more than like $15 bucks for a pair of sandals? Foot wear that has 1/4 of the material of runners? You have GOT to be kidding me! Today, however, I broke down. I bought a pair of $30 Croc sandals. They aren't as ugly, stinky and sweaty as the scrub shoes or mary janes ... I already have fat feet - there is no need to make them look even clunkier. Indeed, they are VERY comfortable. Still, not flattering - but not ugly inducing either.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. Fantastic design!! Those pair of sandalsare perfect for summer, also got a pair from ShoeBuy.

Jenie said...

I think they are very nice looking!

TinaLaRae said...

I have the same mentality when it comes to paying for shoes/sandles. I have a pair similar to these but they are the Wal-Mart brand. I've been told the Crocs are more comfortable but I've never tried so what I don't know won't hurt me. Right?