Sunday, December 16, 2007

East Texas

I get a lot of flack from Jerry's siblings and sister in law for being his parents "go to girl". If they need something from Costco, Lowe's, Home Depot, they call me. If they need someone to do some research they do not currently have time to do, they call me. I really do not mind at all. Infact, I appreciate being on their short list of people they know they can count on. I like knowing they think enough of me that they are confident I will get whatever it is they need, or at least try my very hardest to do so.
Yesterday was Wayne's birthday, so Jerry and I headed out to their place with the kids. Having been out there frequently in the past month I anticipated what was in store for us when we got out there: A LOT of work! Jerry on the other hand, has not been out to his parents for any significant amount of time since this summer. So he was rather surprised by how he was not able to just lounge around. The kids and I helped Linda unpack her china cabinets, Jerry helped his dad with some kind of data something or other.
I LOVED it. I love helping them out. I love being involved in the process of helping them build and get settled into their new place. It's rewarding. You can see a difference.
The whole process has made me itchy to build a house for us. Kind of. On one hand it'd be GREAT to have everything just as I'd want it. On the other hand, it's a lot of work. The small details at the end could kill ya!

No comments: