Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bye Bye Birdie

On Monday the librarian from my kids school asked me if I'd like to go to the production of "Bye Bye Birdie" that our high school was putting on. I had no idea what it was about, or how good it'd even be - but I'm always up for a night out.
Always.
So I gleefully agreed.
Of course.

We met up for supper first and giggled and talked and slurped our way through a really great meal.

It's the first time we've spent time with each other outside of the school, so I was a little apprehensive that it'd be awkward and weird.
Uncomfortable.
It wasn't like that at all, thank heaven.

We then headed over to the high school to watch the play.
Oh. My. Gosh.

It was awesome.

All these kids are just in high school, yet it was pulled off pretty much flawlessly.

I will definitely be going back to see their next production!

3 comments:

The Bui's said...

Don't you just love musicals. I buy the Portland broadway across america pass ever year. I get to see 7 broadway shows for 90 bucks! We just saw Xanadu last week. LOVED IT! I'm glad you had fun. And thanks for the heads up. I'll be checking out our high school for productions now.

mom said...

I love musicals too. Im so gald you had a good time. Hopefully its the first of many

Jenie said...

That sounds like such a great time. I love musicals!