Sunday, February 7, 2010

Moad Crockpot Chicken

*from "Sally's Smorsels"*

I love finding recipes on Sally's blog I can whip together and make without buying extra ingredients! Everyone in my family (expect the boy who only likes pizza and Ramen) LOVED it. Well done, Sally!

4 chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons butter
1 package Italian dressing mix (the powder)
6 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons onion, minced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
noodles or rice, cooked

Place the chicken in the crockpot. Cube the butter into tiny pieces and sprinkle over the chicken. Sprinkle with the Italian dressing mix. Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or low for 6 hours (from frozen!).

Combine the cream cheese, water, onion and soup in a sauce pan. Heat until smooth. Pour over the chicken in the crockpot. Cook for 30 minutes longer. Serve over noodles or rice.

I didn't have any Italian Dressing Mix on hand, so I made up some of my own then added 2 Tablespoons as my "packet". I put the rest in a sealed container for future use.

1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
2 tablespoons salt

No comments: