Thursday, June 24, 2010

Six Flags

Someone or other sponsors a reading program every year at our school ... probably at a lot of other schools too. But I'm not AT those other schools, so I can't really tell you about them.
I could speculate.
But I won't.
Cause I have better things to do.
Like ramble on about what we HAVE done and I DO know about!

The deal is, a child must read or be read to a certain amount of minutes (it's not a small amount either. I think it's like a million. That may or may not be an exaggeration.) to "earn" a free ticket to Six Flags.

I'm all for it.

Okay, sure. I wouldn't other wise take my kids to Six Flags.

I'd save myself a day of telling Brogan to stop licking hand rails.

Reassuring Rhiannon I haven't run off and joined the circus when she can't see me every single minute.

And sometimes HOURS of debilitating lines.

But heck, we have a Six Flags 25 minutes from our house and we're not going to take advantage of it when we can? Whatever, loonie.

I talked one of my friends that has older kids into coming with us, that really made a HUGE difference in our day.

The kids were able to go on rides I simply cannot handle (spiny rides make me puke. Like projectile. Seriously, stand back.) or didn't want to go on AGAIN (what is up with kids liking to drive cars they actually have no control over?) with the friends older kids and EVERYONE was happy.

No comments: