Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kindy Grad

This event is tough for me to write about.
Not because I am crying over it, or had some heart wrenching "Oh my baby is growing up" moment over it.
No, not at all.
It's hard to write about because of how hard the event was on Brogan.
I don't know if it was the surroundings, the standing, the sitting, the singing ...
But he was checked out of his graduation ceremony before it even started.I'm glad we went though.
I refuse to let him opt out of events simply because they make him uncomfortable.

There were a couple of cute moments during the ceremony that made it worthwhile for me.
They were calling each of the "graduates" out by name and stating what the child had said they wanted to be, when Brogan came up they stated that he wanted to be Indiana Jones when he grows up. Well, everyone can't be fire fighters ...
At the very end they were singing the school song, which ends in the kids doing a coyote howl (a coyote being the school mascot). I watched as Brogan crouched down, perched himself on the edge of the riser and howled like no ones business.

No comments: