Monday, November 2, 2009

Supper

Beef and Potato Stew (slow cooker)

2 lbs. stew beef
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. paprika
4 lg. carrots, chopped
3 lg. potatoes, chopped
1 c. condensed beef broth
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/3 c. soy sauce
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)

Layer potatoes, then carrots. Top with meat; sprinkle meat with soy sauce, salt, paprika, pepper & flour. Spread with onion. Combine beef broth & tomato sauce & pour overall. Cover & cook on low 7 - 8 hrs. or high 4 - 5 hrs.

Baking Powder Biscuits
450 degrees for 10-12 minutes

2 c. flour
1 T baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/3 c shortening
3/4 c milk

Sift together flour, baking powder & salt. In a large bowl- add flour mix. Work Crisco into mixture using a pastry cutter. All at once pour milk in, mixing with a fork just until there is no dry stuff left. Place dough on floured board & kneed 10-12 times or till nearly smooth. Roll dough out to about 1/2", cut with a floured circle of some sort - I used a glass. Place on cookie ungreased sheet. Bake till golden.

6 comments:

Roeckers said...

Now I want some biscuits!! Not on the diet!Thanks a lot Krista

Dawn said...

Good job obn the biscuits!!! Next...cinnamon rolls????

Krista said...

Heeeey now, let's not be getting all crazy
Cinnamon Buns.
Ha.

Unknown said...

I want some! No one knows what those biscuits are here because the word "biscuit" means 14 different things! Back me up on this Dawn!

Dawn said...

Oh, yeah...Tim tams....mmmmmmm

Lindsey Rae said...

This sounds like 2 things even I could handle making. I think I might try it. My husband will be shocked I cooked something! haha.