Friday, August 29, 2008

Frigid. It's a Fact.

I have been attempting to eat, drink and be merry... Oh wait, no no that's not what I am doing at all. I have been attempting to eat healthier, drink more water and exercise more regularly. It's a bet. Well, I'd do it even if there was no bet - but the bet makes me a little more motivated. Dawn and I have a bet going as to who can lose a certain amount of weight first and keep it off for a month (or lose more - that's okay too). The winner is granted a boon of a $100 prize. I, in all my hopeful cockiness am already looking up several different things. Concert ticket, day spa package, new clothes ...
The biggest hurdle for me is I hate water. Truly hate it. It's such a ... none thing. Sure, it can fill you up, cool you down, hydrate you. But still. It's such nothingness. I have tried adding flavor to my water bottles as I chug it down, but it seems my mouth objects to some chemical in the flavor packets, as my mouth gets entirely torn up after only one bottle of the stuff. So I've switched tactics. More than water itself, I hate water that isn't very very cold. As in icicles forming on the top cold. So, to trick myself into drinking more water (you're supposed to drink HALF your body weight in water - did you know that!?!?!) I set my water bottle out on the counter; so if I don't drink it, it progressively gets warmer. And I'm not allowed to cheat and put it back in the fridge between chugs. (haha, yeah, I'm neurotic enough to set up rules for myself and find myself trying to trick myself into cheating) So far, it's not going so badly. I'm drinking almost as much water as I'm supposed to on any given day. A couple times I've even drank more. I find the easiest way for me to keep track of how much I've drank is to put the water bottles I've emptied that day on the counter. It gives me a visual reminder of how many more I have to go. Kind of handy.

2 comments:

mom said...

I drink by the hour. For every hour I'm up I drink a glass of water, its easy every hour I nedd to drink a glass if I don't the next hour its two.

mom said...

HALF YOUR BODY WEIGHT???? is that each day?? So, do you weigh a glass of water? I've heard anywhere from 8 glasses and up but never weight.