Saturday, November 17, 2007

Dinner Party

Our ward has started having dinner parties. The Elder Quorum, in their infinite wisdom arranged it. The asked for families to host, then clumped a bunch of other active and inactive members in those groups. Our group currently has 25 attendies.
Last night, I held our first. I was fairly nervous about it all. I'm always nervous about having people I don't know into my home. Not because I am worried they will wreck stuff or whatever. But because I usually have no idea how to start conversations. Last night was good though. I decided it was going to be a potluck, cooked up a ham and waited to see what others would bring.
Everyone seemed to have a good time. Most of the men either knew each other, or had something on common with the other men who were there - like computers. Two of the ladies in my group are in primary and have been since they moved into the ward during the summer, so I haven't had the chance to get to know them. Infact, I didn't even know their names! I can see myself building friendships with all the ladies who came last night. That would be awesome.

1 comment:

Jenie said...

I am glad it went well. I think its a great idea and sounds like a lot of fun.