Saturday, January 26, 2008

House Memo

When you walk in your front door, which room do you enter? The entry way which is attached to the Front Room. I think that other people would call it a toy room or living room ... take your pick

Do you have a dishwasher? Who, in this day and age doesn't? Who ever they are ... gluttons for punishment!

Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floors? For now, carpet. Yuck. But Cherry Wood floors are in the works.

Do you keep your kitchen knives on the counter or in a drawer? I keep them in a variety of places. Drawers and pantry. It turns out I need more kitchen space.

House, apartment, duplex or trailer? House

How many bedrooms is it? 3 bedroom, fourth was turned into an office

Gas stove or electric? Electric. When a new one is bought, it will be gas.

Do you have a yard? Yes, a HUGE yard. We live on almost an acre. In a city.

What size TV is in the living room? We have two tv's side by side. Driving me INSANE! Don't ask. 58" and 38".

Are your plates in the same cupboard as your cups? Yeah, till I renovate.

Is there a coffee maker sitting on your kitchen counter? Nope. One in the cupboard for when Rod comes though.

What color is your home painted?? Interior? Exterior? Which room? Outside is all brick. Indoors ... Variety.

What room is your computer in? Right now I am sitting at the dining room table while B-Man and Ms. R do puzzles.

Are there pictures hanging in your living room?? Only in a couple rooms. I am punishing myself for not finishing painting the WHOLE house. Hoping not letting myself decorate till that job is done will be a big enough push. Hasn't been thus far.

Are there any themes found in your home?? Chaos? Ha, ha. Kidding. I guess in the kitchen and kids bath it's Americana (thanks Heather!) but it will change sometime. When there is money to invest in such things.

What kind of laundry detergent do you use?? Tide with Febreze. I love the way it smells.

Do you use dryer sheets?? I do. I have to. If I didn't have to ... I wouldn't.

Do you have any curtains in your home?? No, though I love the idea of them.

What color is your fridge?? White for now. Eventually, that touchable stainless steel.

Is your house clean?? At this very moment? No.

What room is the most neglected?? The room I put off cleaning the longest is the master bath.

Are the dishes in your sink/dishwasher clean or dirty?? Dirty. Why would they be in the sink/dishwasher if they were clean?

How long have you lived in your home? 6 years, 4 months, 25 days.

Where did you live before?? L. Don Dodson in Bedford, TX

Do you have one of those fluffy toilet lid covers on your toilet?? LOL ... yes. At least in my bathroom. I like how quiet it makes the shutting of the lid. I'm such a granny ... I know!

Do you have a scale anywhere in your home?? Yeah, out in the garage. It weighs the grout ... don't ask.

How many mirrors are in your house?? 3 in use.

Look up. What do you see? The dining room light fixture that needs to be replaced.

Do you have a garage?? Yes. Not that I can PARK in it.

Are you planning on moving anytime soon?? Not likely. Maybe in the next three years. We'll see.

2 comments:

Lindsey Rae said...

Sounds like you have a lot of renovation plans! When I read all the answers to the questions, I wanted to see pictures of everything. (I'm a very visual person...)

Lindsey Rae said...

Oh, and by the way, I wanted to ask you: What brought you down to Texas?