Thursday, April 29, 2010

The More That Happens

... the less I care to write.

It seems to me that the more I have going on in my life the less likely I am to write about it. Funny, eh? When things that people would actually care to hear about happen ... I fail to write about it because I am too busy living it.

I found that with my cousin Kari too. She was a WONDERFUL blogger. Witty, entertaining, enlightening. Then she got a job. No more blogging.

I didn't get a job, per say. I just finally found a life.

Friends, places, opportunities, activities, invitations, discussions ...

In the eleven years I have lived in Texas things never seem to have come together this well or this smoothly for me. Some how in the last month things have just ... slipped together. Like finally there was a key that was turned. And click.

I hate to tempt fate by talking about it. I've never been overly blessed with good "luck".

But I think there are a couple people out there that may be interested so here goes.

An over view -

I was elected to the PTA board at the kids school. Did you know you don't have to be present to be elected into a seat on a PTA board? Heck, until the last year I didn't even know what the PTA did, let alone how it works.
This unexpected (though not altogether unwanted) seat puts me in contact with people I'd generally not associate with.
No matter how old you get, there are always social classes. Groups. People that you know are simply "not of your class". Not that you don't want to associate with them, you just really don't have much in common. On the surface.
Because of this election I have been put into regular contact with ladies that have intimidated me from the get go. Everything from how they dress (will someone please nominate me for "what not to wear"? Seriously, I need an intervention cause I have no idea what I am doing) to their attitudes to what they drive (ha! I'm a car snob and I love their cars, alright!)
They not only have welcomed me into the fold, they have actively sought out my companionship and opinions.
It's been awesome.

I "kind of" double talked a friend into thinking they'd asked me to walk their dog, when really I had been asking to do it. So they think they are in debt to me. When really ... I've been itching to get a dog. Main reason - to give me a reason to go walking/jogging. But really, we travel so much and I'm getting so involved in the kids school ... and don't forget about the cost of a dog! I couldn't see putting a dog through that. However, when someone else owns the dog - it's the perfect answer!
Through walking the dog/going to dog parks I have also met some people that I'd never have met before. Had conversations with people in the area of business that I have been considering for years to get into and not been too confident about it. Giving me more determination to go ahead and do what I've been itching to do, now that I have definite guidelines and direction.

Took a leap and went with a "newish" friend to play a game I'd never played before with a bunch of other people I didn't know and learned I LOVE it - and the newish friend and I have grown closer.

Gone and watched bands I've never heard of and would have never listened to. Met new people, reconnected with old acquaintances.

I'm in a good place.
I don't think I've been this content, yet revved up to see what's next, in years.

4 comments:

Jenie said...

I'm very excited for you! It sounds like life is going very well.

Sally said...

I'm glad you are loving it! I love the PTA at my school. They spoil us teachers!

Kari Jones Terwelp said...

I WAS a wonderful blogger????

I guess that's fair. But I posted today! Did you see?

(And thanks for saying that my blog is/was/will be again "witty, entertaining, enlightening". That totally made my day.)

Heather said...

Congratulations.

Nice to meet you on The Pioneer Woman's site.